Hi,

Am Do., 4. Feb. 2021 um 09:07 Uhr schrieb Friedrich Romstedt
<friedrichromst...@gmail.com>:
> Am Mo., 1. Feb. 2021 um 09:46 Uhr schrieb Matti Picus <matti.pi...@gmail.com>:
> > Typically, one would create a complete example and then pointing to the
> > code (as repo or pastebin, not as an attachment to a mail here).
>
> https://github.com/friedrichromstedt/bughunting-01

Last week I updated my example code to be more slim.  There now exists
a single-file extension module:
https://github.com/friedrichromstedt/bughunting-01/blob/master/lib/bughuntingfrmod/bughuntingfrmod.cpp.
The corresponding test program
https://github.com/friedrichromstedt/bughunting-01/blob/master/test/2021-02-11_0909.py
crashes "properly" both on Windows 10 (Python 3.8.2, numpy 1.19.2) as
well as on Arch Linux (Python 3.9.1, numpy 1.20.0), when the ``print``
statement contained in the test file is commented out.

My hope to be able to fix my error myself by reducing the code to
reproduce the problem has not been fulfillled.  I feel that the
abovementioned test code is short enough to ask for help with it here.
Any hint on how I could solve my problem would be appreciated very
much.

There are some points which were not clarified yet; I am citing them below.

So far,
Friedrich