On 18/1/22 5:37 pm, Peter Cock wrote:

Dear Charles,

Thank you for your work on the numpy releases, including v1.22.1.

I noticed that for Windows Python 3.10, there is only a 64-bit wheel:

Is this expected? My interest is in building Windows Wheels for packages compiling against NumPy.

Thank you,

Peter

Hi Peter. This is intentional, as our wheel building system is based on Azure CI, and they did not provide 32-bit python for 3.10 for windows. We decided to "solve" this and other wheel building issues by moving to cibuildwheel in github actions in the main repo (building on travis-ci for the aarch64 wheels) [1] for the 1.23 release. Digging around in the azure image repo issues, I see they may have restored 32-bit python [2] in mid Nov 2021, when we were already well into the 1.22 release cycle. I guess we could try to see if it works now. A PR to modify the azure pipelines yml would move us in this direction. I don't know that even if the PR is successful if we would put the wheels up on PyPI, that decision is up to the release manager.

Matti

[1] https://github.com/numpy/numpy/issues/20277

[2] https://github.com/actions/virtual-environments/issues/4400

[3] https://github.com/MacPython/numpy-wheels/blob/main/azure-pipelines.yml