I don’t think this will be a problem for using pickle for IPC.

For the python multiprocessing module, all processes would be running the
same numpy version, so there wouldn’t be a problem.

It could be an issue if pickle is used to communicate numpy arrays between
a subset of workers running numpy 1.x and a subset running numpy 2.x in a
distributed workflow that uses pickles for IPC. Even then, it would be a
straightforward code fix, since in that case the code running the
distributed computation would be using pickles directly, not using
multiprocessing.