On Wed, Feb 14, 2024, at 14:34, Nathan wrote:
> The DType API publicly exposes the PyArray_DTypeMeta C struct, which
> represents DType metaclasses. It also exposes a function for registering
> user-defined DTypes and a set of slot IDs and function typedefs that users
> can implement in C to write new DTypes.
>
> The ArrayMethod API allows defining cast and ufunc loops in terms of these
> new DTypes, in a manner that forbids value-based promotion and abstracts many
> of the internals of NumPy. We hope the ArrayMethod API is enables sharing
> low-level loops that work out-of-the-box in NumPy in other projects.

To emphasize what Nathan wrote: this is the culmination of YEARS of work. My
gratitude goes out to everyone who took part in meetings (both in-person and
virtual), code development & review, NEP & documentation writing, community
discussions, etc.: thank you.

I cannot wait to see everything your hard work will enable.

Stéfan