Not to discourage you from making the suggestion
https://github.com/data-apis/array-api/issues, but my experience is
that the array API consortium tends to make the reverse argument, that
if something isn't already implemented in one (or ideally most) array
libraries, then it's less likely to be slated for inclusion. The
general exception to this is for things for which there is a clear
user need but no pre-existing APIs, for example, the new isdtype()
function or the new inspection APIs added in the 2023.12 version of
the standard, which are needed to make portable array code easier to
write. Although I haven't checked if libraries like pytorch already
have this feature in tile().

If you do want to propose this for the array API, I would be sure to

1. show that there is a clear user need
2. argue that this is not difficult for most array libraries to implement

(this applies generally, not just for this one suggestion)

Also FWIW, tile() is new in the 2023.12 standard (just released a few
days ago), so that potentially strengthens the argument that an axis
keyword was missed during standardization and should be added.

Aaron Meurer