On 12/08/2024 11:55, slobodan.miletic--- via NumPy-Discussion wrote:

As the bug fix is merged we are starting the investigation on the CI job.
I have a few questions about this:
1) Are there some additional instructions for making and running the numpy CI
jobs and cross compilation available in the documentation?
2) Do we need to have arm64 scipy-openblas released to build numpy wheel?

1. You can look at .github/workflows/linux_qemu.yml that use qemu/docker to run.  AFAIK there is no documentation about cross-compilation.

2. It would be preferable to build a scipy-openblas wheel but we could use a "vanilla" build of OpenBLAS as well. We do expect to use 64-bit interfaces, but scipy does not do so yet, so we would need two builds. I don't know how @gholke compiles OpenBLAS/NumPy and where there is a gfortran for windows arm64, maybe worthwhile asking?

Matti