Zachary Pincus schrieb:
> Hello all,
>
> It seems that the 'eigh' routine from numpy.linalg does not follow
> the same convention as numpy.linalg.eig in terms of the order of the
> returned eigenvalues. (And thus eigenvectors as well...)

I was told on this list that the ordering should not be relied upon, and
that it might change in the future. So it seems that user code should
explicitly re-order the eigenvalues (and corresponding eigenvectors,
probably using argsort and fancy indexing -- if those are the right terms).

> scipy.linalg.) If not a bug, or not-fixable-now, then at least some
> documentation as to the convention regarding ordering of eigenvalues
> is probably worthwhile...

true

cheers,
sven