On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, "Steven H. Rogers" apparently wrote:
> I'm doing an informal survey on the use of Array
> Programming Languages for teaching.  If you're using NumPy
> in this manner I'd like to hear from you.  What subject
> was/is taught, academic level, results, lessons learned,
> etc.

I'm using NumPy in a PhD level microeconomics course. The
students are using numpy primarily for the matrix class. In
the past I have used GAUSS.  Programming is a fairly small
component of the course.  Although most of the students have
no programming background, they are finding Python and NumPy
surprisingly easy to use.

Cheers,
Alan Isaac