[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> --- Discussion of Numerical Python <numpy-discussion@scipy.org wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

>>> If I get the latest
> SVN of the enthought tool suite, go to enthought/src/lib/enthought/traits,
>
>>> and build with
>>>
>>> python setup.py build_src build_clib build_ext
> --inplace
>>>
>>> as suggested in the enthought wiki, and then add
> enthought/src/lib to my
>>> PYTHONPATH, then your snippet fails with
>>>

>>> --- begin error message ---
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>>>   File "prova.py", line 5, in ?
>>>
>>> class Camera(HasTraits):
>
>>> NameError: name 'HasTraits' is not defined
>> Hmm, it works for me.
> Are you sure that your build is being correctly picked up?
>> Import enthought,
> then print enthought.__file__.
>
> Yes, it is picking up the right one. I assume
> I can run the setup.py in enthought/src/lib/enthought/traits to get only
> traits,
> right? I'm not installing scipy, or anything else.

Ah, sorry, I missed the bit where you said you only built inside
enthought/traits/. I'd build the whole suite. It'll take a bit, building the
extension modules for Kiva, but nothing too bad. I don't know why you'd get the
error, though. enthought.traits.api should have HasTraits.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco