On 02.05.2007, at 23:36, James Boyle wrote:

> So far I have not had success.
> Enclosed is the dump of my most recent failure - the complaint comes
> from the linker since the linker has both a powerPC (ppc) and an
> intel (i386) flag. I guess that what is being attempted is a
> universal build ( both ppc and i386) but failing. Apparently my
> netcdf build was just i386 - although I did nothing special.

A standard netCDF build on the Mac is single-architecture. I haven't
seen instructions yet for making a universal binary on the Mac.
MacPython builds its extensions as universal binaries, so the linker
complains about the missing netCDF code for the other processor.

However, if all you care about is using netCDF on the machine that
you build on, you can safely ignore that warning. The Python
extension module should work fine.

Note also that pynetcdf is not based on the latest release of the
ScientificPython code, which contains various bug fixes. You might be
better off using ScientificPython 2.7, which works pretty well with
NumPy these days.

Konrad.
Konrad Hinsen
Saint Aubin - BP 48