On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 23:09 +0200, Hanno Klemm wrote:
> I will try and dig a bit more in the literature, maybe I find something.
>
> Hanno

I don't know if it can help. We started a project to convert BMELib (a
matlab library) into Python. It's still bound with Numeric but it should
be pretty straigthforward to convert it to numpy. The translation was
not finished but the variogram methods worked pretty fine and the
benchmarks between the Python and Matlab version were very interesting.

If you want to investigate it, see http://bmelibpy.sourceforge.net
(variograms are in the statlib file).

Didrik