Greetings,

I struggling with the numpy C-API (version 1.0.3).
Now I have obscurities concerning the reference counter of builtin
descriptor objects. In some situation, when running my own code, the
reference counter fall to zero an I get warning messages. In some other
samples the reference counter increases more and more while the program
is running  and the average number of used object is keeping constant.

Now I would like to know when I have to take care about the reference
counter of builtin descriptor objects. Especially when using
"PyArray_SimpleNew", "PyArray_SimpleNewFromData", "PyArray_NewFromDescr"
and "PyArray_SimpleNewFromDescr".
Up to now I never touched the counters in my code after using this
functions resulting in the described problems.

Another case concerns parsing the arguments of functions. I often use
such kind of expressions:

PyArg_ParseTupleAndKeywords(args, kwds, "O!O!", kwlist, &PyArray_Type,
&array1, &PyArray_Type, &array1))

Normally I would expect, that no reference counter is changed. Is that
really true?

Many thanks in advance!

Matthias

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:Matthias H=C3=B6ffken
n;quoted-printable:H=C3=B6ffken;Matthias
org:IPK Gatersleben;Genebank
adr:;;Corrensstr. 3;Gatersleben;;06466;GERMANY
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Dipl.-Bioinf.
tel;work:+49 39482-5-596
x-mozilla-html:FALSE