Ray S wrote:
> Is anyone sharing arrays between processes on Windows?
> I tried compiling the posh sources (once, so far) with the new MS
> toolkit and failed...
> What other solutions are in use?
>
> Have a second process create an array view from an address would
> suffice for this particular purpose. I could pass the address as a
> parameter of the second process's argv.
>
> I've also tried things like
> pb=pythonapi.PyBuffer_FromReadWriteMemory(9508824, 9*sizeof(c_int))
> N.frombuffer(pb, N.int32)
> which fails since pb is and int. What are my options?

(disclaimer: I know nothing about windows idiosyncraties)

Could not this be because you compiled the posh sources with a
compiler/runtime which is different than the other extensions and python
interpreter ? I don't know the details, but since most of the posix
functions related to files and processes are broken beyond despair in
windows, and in particular, many posix handles cannot cross dll
boundaries compiled by different compilers, I would not be surprised if
this cause some trouble.

The fact that POSH is said to be posix-only on python.org
(http://wiki.python.org/moin/ParallelProcessing) would imply that people
do not care much about windows, too (but again, this is just from
reading what posh is about; I have never used it personnally).

cheers,

David