Matthieu Brucher wrote:
> Matlab surely relies on MKL to do this (Matlab ships with MKL or ACML
> now). The latest Intel library handles multiprocessing, so if you want
> to use multithreading, use MKL (and it can handle quad-cores with no
> sweat). So Numpy is multithreaded.
I have AMD processor so I guess I should use ACML somehow instead.
However, at 1st I would prefer my code to be platform-independent, and
at 2nd unfortunately I haven't encountered in numpy documentation (in
website scipy.org and numpy.scipy.org) any mention about how to use
numpy multithreading at all (neither MKL nor ACML).

Also, I intended to try using numpy multithreading on our icyb cluster
(IIRC made of intel processors) from world top 500 (however, currently
connect to other subsets of processors from other cities have been
organized, some of them are AMD). Would 100-200 processors (I don't
remember how many have the one) yield at least 2x...3x speedup on some
of my test cases, it would be a good deal and something to report in my
graduation work.
As my chief informed me, people here are fond of the cluster, mentioning
the magical word (in my work) would fill them with respect :)

Regards, D.