Bill Baxter wrote:
> I'm afraid I'm not much help answering your questions.  But one thing
> I've wondered about f2py is if it could be generalized into an f2***
> tool.  How intertwined is the analysis of the fortran with the
> synthesis of the python?  There are lots of languages that could
> benefit from a fortran wrapper generator tool.

This is a very good question. In fact, the g3 f2py contains a
full parser of Fortran 77/../2003 codes that is independent of
how the parsed tree will be used. It could be used as a starting
point to many tools like Fortran to C/C++ converters, as well as
generating wrappers for other scripting languages. So, I think
this is something worth of keeping in mind indeed when developing g3
f2py. Although, I would need more support to take this task of
generalizing f2py to f2**.

Regards,
Pearu