On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:59 PM, Travis E. Oliphant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> After the SciPy sprints some useful discussions took place that helped
> us all realize that we have made enough changes to the code base that we
> will need to call any release from the trunk 1.1
>
> I don't think that is a big problem.   However,  there have also been a
> lot of substantial bug fixes that really deserve to be applied against
> 1.0.4 and released as 1.0.5
>
> So, the question is.  Do we have enough energy in the community to
> release the current trunk as 1.1 as well as release 1.0.5 which does not
> contain any of the code/api changes, but just the bug fixes?  The answer
> will be yes if somebody volunteers to back-port just the bug-fixes to
> 1.0.4.    I would really like there to be a bug-fix 1.0.5 release if at
> all possible.

I think we have a long way to go to get to 1.1. What API changes have we
made that are so great that we can't release 1.0.5? The only area where I
have seen real problems is in masked arrays. My preference would be to
release the trunk as 1.0.5, and if not, simply deprecate 1.0.4 and move to
1.1.  I don't think it's worth the time and effort to backport anything.

Chuck