On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 2:32 PM, Ondrej Certik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:06 PM, Ondrej Certik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  > Hi Jarrod,
>  >
>  >  any news with the 1.0.5? If you have same prerelease, I'd like to test
>  >  it. Debian has just moved from python2.4 to python2.5 yesterday, so
>  >  I'd like to test numpy in advance, I am sure there will be some issues
>  >  to fix.
>
>  What is the plan with the release? There are some minor problems in
>  the Debian package, some of which are fixed by the new release.
>  I didn't fix those in Debian as I thought the new release is coming
>  out. But if it's going to take let's say month or two, I'll fix the
>  current Debian package now.

The problem is, that it was noticed that non-backwards compatible
changes were committed into svn.
Most noticeably a complete rewrite of the "ma" (Masked Array) package was done.
As a consequence it was decided, they no one would be interested in
"temporarily taking those changes out" "just to release 1.0.5".

Instead the next release will be called 1.1 -- which is (only; rather
still) "mostly" compatible with 1.0.x
What used to be referred to a the 1.1 version, that can break more
stuff, to allow for a cleaner design, will now be 1.2

HTH,
Sebastian Haase