I was hoping to get NumPy 1.1 tagged today, but it seems very unlikely
at this point.  Unfortunately, I haven't followed the matrix
discussion as closely as I would like, so I can't tell if there is
anything so uncontroversial that it would make sense to change for the
1.1.0 release.  If there is something that can be unanimously agreed
on within the next 24 hours or so, I would be happy to have it
included in 1.1.  If not, I would rather see us move on to working on
1.2 and releasing 1.1 ASAP.

If there is unanimous agreement on a minor fix, we will need document
the changes on the release notes.  So once an agreement is reached,
could someone either send me some text to insert into the release
notes or update the document themselves:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.1.0

This also might be a good opportunity to start a new thread with a
subject line like "1.2 matrices".  The discussion about matrices in
this thread makes it difficult for me to quickly see what still needs
to done before the 1.1 release.  And there may also be some members of
the community who would be very interested in the matrices discussion,
but aren't reading this thread.

--
Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley