Hi,

> Stefan, sometimes the fix really is clear and a test is like closing the
> barn door after the horse has bolted. Sometimes it isn't even clear *how* to
> test. I committed one fix and omitted a test because I couldn't think of
> anything really reasonable. I think concentrating on unit tests is more
> productive in the long run because we will find *new* bugs, and if done
> right they will also cover spots where old bugs were found.

I must say that I have certainly (correctly) fixed a bug, and then
broken the code somewhere else resulting in the same effect as the
original bug, and missed it because I didn't put in a test the first
time.  I do agree (with everyone else I think) that it's a very good
habit to get into to submit a test with every fix, no matter how
obvious.

Best,

Matthew