On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 19:51, Stéfan van der Walt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/6/12 Robert Kern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>>
>>> We could add this info the the `numpy` docstring; that way new users
>>> will have it available without having to search the web.
>>
>> Build instructions don't really belong in docstrings. Put it in the
>> README.txt or DEV_README.txt.
>
> No, but running the tests is something every user should do before
> using NumPy.

Right, which means README.txt, not something you only see after you've
installed the thing. But what text exactly are you talking about?
Nothing I wrote about inplace builds (which is I *thought* was under
discussion) are relevant to "running the tests" in general but are
targeted specifically at developers.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."