Robert Kern wrote:
> So cut it out.
>
> Chris, please profile your import so we actually have some real
> information to work with instead of prejudices.

OK, while we're working on that, I've tried just re-naming my entire
python install, then starting from scratch. So far, I've python
re-installed, and installed just numpy ('1.1.1rc2'), and the import
seems downright blazing compared to what I was getting:

$ time python -c "import numpy"

real    0m0.973s
user    0m0.290s
sys     0m0.682s

much more in line with what others are getting.

I'll start installing stuff that I actually am using now, and maybe I'll
see when (if) it breaks down.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]