On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 05:27, Robin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using the prun feature of Ipython which is very helpful.
>
> I was wondering though if theres anything for Python that would allow
> line-by-line profiling (ie a time for each line of code) like the
> MATLAB profiler?

I don't think there is anything out there at the moment. Python does
have a hook for line-by-line tracing, and one can make a line-by-line
profiler from it. To do it with the least overhead, you need to use
the C API for it and a C callback. I do have some Cython code that
does this. It needs a little bit more work, though. I'll try to push
it out soonish.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."