Thomas Heller wrote:

> I see that the windows installer is now a superkac installer,
> which AFAIU selects the 'right' components for the target computer
> at install time.

Yes, it is the case since 1.1.0. It is not ideal, but it effectively
solved a common problem of people not having the right architecture
(AFAICS, the support emails on that point drop from several /months to 0).

> If I now build applications using numpy with py2exe for distribution,
> what will happen on the target computers if the components are not 'right'
> for the actual machine type?

Note that the superpack is actually quite primitive: it is a nsis
installer which encompasses actual installers built with bdist_wininst,
the nsis being used only to detect CPU arch automatically. So if you
need the installers as before, you can just ask nsis to extract all
three installers I believe, from the command line. If it is a problem,
or if we can make it easier for you, please tell us. I am the one who
did this scheme, and I do not use py2exe (or windows for that matter),
so I would be happy to solve the problems if you tell me how :)

cheers,

David