Thanks for the help.

It seems that the where command has problem when I tried to run it in the debug
mode. It does not return any thing such as:

(Pdb) aa=array([1,2,3,4]
(Pdb) where(aa>2)
  <stdin>(1)<module>()> c:\dhg\docsis\lab_test\parseadc.py(70)parsempeg()->
bb=array(fid).astype('int')
(Pdb)

It does not return any result.

Frank> Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:48:23 -0500> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
numpy-discussion@scipy.org> Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] Are there command
similar as Matlab find command?> > frank wang wrote:> > Hi,> > > > I am trying
to find a command in numpy or python that perform similar > > function as
Matlab find command. It will return the indexes of array > > that satisfy a
condition. So far I have not found anything.> > There are several ways to do
this, but what are you trying to do? > Non-zero on the boolean array resulting
from the condition is the most > direct way:> > (a>30).nonzero()> where(a>30)>
> This returns a tuple of indices of length nd, where nd is the number of >
dimensions of a. (i.e. for 1-d case you need to extract the first > element of
the tuple to get the indices you want).> > But, if you are going to use these
indices to access elements of the > array, there are better ways to do that:> >
a[a>30]> compress(a>30, a)> > etc.> > -Travis> >