On Dec 4, 2008, at 7:22 AM, Manuel Metz wrote:

> Will loadtxt in that case remain as is? Or will the _faulttolerantconv
> class be used?

No idea, we need to discuss it. There's a problem with
_faulttolerantconv: using np.nan as default value will not work in
Python2.6 if the output is to be int, as an exception will be raised.
Therefore, we'd need to change the default to something else when
defining _faulttolerantconv. The easiest would be to define a class
and set the argument at instantiation, but then we're going back
dangerously close to StringConverter...