Pierre GM wrote:
> On Jan 4, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Robert Kern wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 15:44, Pierre GM <pgmdevl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> If we used np.asanyarray instead, subclasses are recognized properly,
>>> the mask is recognized by argsort and the result correct.
>>> Is there a reason why we use np.asarray instead of np.asanyarray ?
>> Probably not.
>
> So there wouldn't be any objections to make the switch ? We can wait a
> couple of days if anybody has a pb with that...

There are probably other functions in arraysetops that could be fixed
easily to work with masked arrays, feel free to do it if you like. I
have never worked with the masked arrays, so the np.asarray problem had
not come to my mind. Also, if you change np.asarray to np.asanyarray,
add a corresponding test emplying the masked arrays to
test_arraysetops.py, please.

cheers & thanks,
r.