Hi,

I have couple beginners questions about numscons. What is the
preferred build system for numpy now, is it numscons? The README
doesn't mention numscons, so I am a bit confused what the future plan
is.

Also by doing:

$ python setupscons.py install
Running from numpy source directory.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setupscons.py", line 56, in <module>
    raise DistutilsError('\n'.join(msg))
distutils.errors.DistutilsError: You cannot build numpy with scons
without the numscons package
(Failure was: No module named numscons)

so the numscons package needs to be installed -- but it is not in
Debian. So is it supposed to be in Debian? Is numscons supposed to be
a build system for other projects as well? Why not to just send the
needed patches to scons and just use scons?

Thanks,
Ondrej