Hello!

I ran into the following problem:

I have easy_installable packages which list numpy as a dependency. numpy itself
is installed in the system's site-packages directory and works fine.

When running a python setup.py install of the package with numpy v1.2.0
installed, everything works fine. When running the same command with numpy
1.2.1 installed, it tries to download a numpy tar file from Pypi and to compile
and install it again. It looks as if v1.2.1 isn't providing the relevant
information to the setup tools, but 1.2.0 did.

I don't know about v1.3.0b1 yet - I have difficulties to compile that currently
(another email). I'd be more than willing to track this down, but is there
anybody who could give me a starting point where I should start to look?

Many thanks,

  Christian.