Fadhley Salim wrote:
> I've been asked to provide Numpy & Scipy as python egg files.
> Unfortunately Numpy and Scipy do not make official releases of their
> product in .egg form for a Win32 platform - that means if I want eggs
> then I have to compile them myself.

I think having a simple .exe installer that easy_install could run would
be enough for your purpose (handling install_require dependencies). In
that case, you just need to extract the arch specific installer from our
official installer (the superpack .exe is compressed with 7zip), choose
the most appropriate installer, and add this on your server. I think
easy_install should then be able to automatically use the .exe to handle
dependencies,

cheers,

David