> Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 09:24:53 -0600
> From: Charles R Harris <charlesr.har...@gmail.com>
> This is almost always an ATLAS problem. Where did your
> ATLAS come from and
> what distro are you running?

You are probably right. I compiled and installed ATLAS from source. The distro
is Redhat Enterprise Linux 4. I had to because the ones from the distro are
compiled targetting 64-bit architecture.

I largely followed the instructions at
http://www.scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Linux#head-eecf834fad12bf7a625752528547588a93f8263c
 . Built lapack 3.1.1, then copied the library to ATLAS and compiled per
instructions. The compilers are CC='gcc -m32' version 3.4.4 (enforcing 32 bit
compilation), g77 3.4.4. At various points I needed to define flags to ensure
32 bits, though not in numpy compilation. I have gfortran on the system but I
didn't use it.

liblapack.so and other .so files are linked to libg2c.so not libgfortran.

ATLAS (3.8.3) was configured with the additional -32 flag as well. make check
works nicely.

What should I check in order to find the error with ATLAS configuration and/or
installation? Or is there a 32 bit version binary I can download/ use (even if
only for testing)?

Regards,

Muhammad Alkarouri