On 24-May-09, at 8:32 AM, Tom K. wrote:

> Maybe my reluctance to work with matrices stems from this kind of
> inconsistency.  It seems like your code has to be all matrix, or all
> array -
> and if you mix them, you need to be very careful about which is which.

Also, functions called on things of type matrix may not return a
matrix as expected, but rather an array.

Anecdotally, it seems to me that lots of people (myself included) seem
to go through a phase early in their use of NumPy where they try to
use matrix(), but most seem to end up switching to using 2D arrays for
all the aforementioned reasons.

David