Gabriel Beckers wrote:
> OK, perhaps I drank that beer too soon...
>
> Now, numpy.test() hangs at:
>
> test_pinv (test_defmatrix.TestProperties) ...
>
> So perhaps something is wrong with ATLAS, even though the building went
> fine, and "make check" and "make ptcheck" reported no errors.

Maybe you did not use the same fortran compiler with atlas and numpy, or
maybe something else. make check/make ptchek do not test anything useful
to avoid problems with numpy, in my experience.

That's why compiling atlas by yourself is hard, and I generally advise
against it: there is nothing intrinsically hard about it, but you need
to know a lot of small details and platform oddities to get it right
every time. That's just a waste of time in most cases IMHO, unless all
you do with numpy is inverting big matrices,

cheers,

David