> The open source community is all about volunteering and with that
> being said, I wouldn't expect the conference organizers to necessarily
> be involved in the cooridination of such an initiative.
>
> I almost feel its a duty of someone to pick up the ball and run with it.

But keep in mind there are costs to running the event, and an associated
registration fee.  It seems only fair that any webcasting or recording
only be made available at some cost to the viewers.  I would be happy to
pay the full conference + tutorial fee for access to this -- it is the
food + hotel + flight that means I cannot attend.  I'm sure others are
in the same boat these days.

Ian