On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:46 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM, David Cournapeau <da...@silveregg.co.jp > wrote:

Sorry, my question was badly worded: besides the metadata pointer, is
there any other change related to the metadata infratructure which may potentially change changes the publicly exported structures ? I wonder whereas the metadata infrastructure can be kept in 1.4.x independently
of the datetime support without breaking the ABI

FWIW, keeping the metadata pointer, and only removing datetime-related
things makes numpy 1.4.x backward compatible, at least as far as scipy
is concerned. So it seems the PyArray_Funcs change is the only
ABI-incompatible change.

What do you mean by the "PyArray_Funcs change"?

-Travis