Hi,

> Sounds to me like you don't fully agree w/ Travis - he said "This is exactly
> what I was worried about with calling the next release 2.0."  Seems that
> Travis understands that the larger community, whether we want them to or
> not, _does_ "attach...much importance to [a] big number change" and wants to
> avoid calling the next release 2.0 precisely because he recognizes that the
> changes we do think we can make in three weeks don't warrant that magnitude
> of a number change.  But then, perhaps I shouldn't speak for Travis, sorry
> Travis. ;-)

I think the wider community will be OK, as long as we stay calm about
not getting overwhelmed with the number change, and just doing an
ordinary release.   I can't see us losing many users if they pick up
2.0 and don't see lots of new features, at least, that's never worried
me in other people's releases.   In any case, I think we're committed
to the 2.0 version number at this point.

Best,

Matthew