On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:42 PM, David Cournapeau <courn...@gmail.com>wrote:

> So here is how I see things in the near future for release:
> - compile a simple binary installer for mac os x and windows (no need
> for doc or multiple archs) from 1.4.x
> - test this with the scipy binary out there (running the full test
> suites), ideally other well known packages as well (matplotlib,
> pytables, etc...).
> - if it works for you, or you cannot easily test it, put it for wide
> testing as a basis for the 1.4.0.1 binary
> - if it works, make a RC1 for Numpy 1.4.0.1 ("full" binaries).
>
> I think we need to push this ASAP to recover from the current
> confusion w.r.t. binaries.
>
> That's a sensible plan, I'll start on it right away.

Just to double-check, can the 1.4.x branch be released as-is? How about the
version, the version scheme major.minor.micro does not allow for your
proposed 1.4.0.1. Do you want to just drop the last .1 or make this 1.4.1?

Patrick, are you okay with David's plan as well? Do you want to do this in
parallel so we both generate a complete set of binaries?

Cheers,
Ralf