I've been investigating a truly bizarre bug related to the use of
numpy.linalg.eig.

I have two classes which both use numpy.linalg.eig. These classes are
used at very different times and are not connected in any way other than
the fact that they both share this particular dependancy.

I have found that whichever class is called second will produce a
slightly different answer if numpy.linalg.eig is used sometime earlier.
I've eliminated all other variables besides the call to eig(). This
seems completely implausible, and yet I have the data.

As far as I am aware, eig() is wholly stateless and therefore using it
should not affect any subsequent calls to the function, right?

Numpy==1.2.1, Scipy==0.7.0

I've checked the bug-trac for this function and can find no references
to bugs which cause it to hold-state, even in the somewhat out of date
version of numpy. Can somebody let me know if there's something that I'm
missing.
This email does not create a legal relationship between any member of the
Crédit Agricole group and the recipient or constitute investment advice.
The content of this email should not be copied or disclosed (in whole or part)
to any other person. It may contain information which is
confidential, privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not
the intended recipient, you should notify us and delete it from your system.
Emails may be monitored, are not secure and may be amended, destroyed or
contain viruses and in communicating with us such conditions are accepted. Any
content which does not relate to business matters is not endorsed by us.

Crédit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank is authorised by the Autorité de
Contrôle Prudentiel (ACP) and supervised by the ACP and the Autorité des
Marchés Financiers (AMF) in France and subject to limited regulation by the
Financial Services Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the
Financial Services Authority are available from us on request. Crédit Agricole
Corporate & Investment Bank is incorporated in France with limited liability
and registered in England & Wales. Registration number: FC008194. Registered
office: Broadwalk House, 5 Appold Street, London, EC2A 2DA.