On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 2:51 AM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.har...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Pauli Virtanen <p...@iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Based on patches contributed by Christoph Gohlke, I've created a branch
>> for 1.5.x:
>>
>>        http://svn.scipy.org/svn/numpy/branches/1.5.x
>>
>> It should be
>>
>>  a) Binary compatible with Numpy 1.4 on Python 2.x.
>>
>>     This meant rolling back the datetime and a couple other changes.
>>
>>  b) Support Python 3.1 and 2.7.
>>
>> I expect it will be easy to track changes in the trunk, even if preparing
>> the release will still take some time.
>>
>> Thanks a lot Pauli and Christoph!

Builds fine on OS X 10.6 with both 2.7 and 3.1, and all tests pass. With one
exception: in-place build for 3.1 is broken. Does anyone know is this is a
distutils or numpy issue? The problem is that on import numpy.__config__ can
not be found.

> Probably best to get started. The changes I want to put in are small
> additions and won't be difficult to backport as long as Ralf doesn't put out
> the first release this evening ;)
>
> Don't think that's going to happen, but it would be good to discuss the
release schedule. What changes need to go in before a first beta, and how
much time do you all need for that?

Ralf