On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Pauli Virtanen <p...@iki.fi> wrote:

> Sat, 24 Jul 2010 18:22:33 +0800, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> > There is a bug report asking for the example files under doc/cython,
> > doc/swig etc. to be included in the released binaries. This thread,
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/26913/
> focus=26917<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.numeric.general/26913/%0Afocus=26917>
> ,
> > seems to indicate the docs should still be integrated in the main
> > documentation. What do we want to do with the example files, are they
> > still up to date?
>
> There are two points here, I guess:
>
> - the files should be integrated to the docs
>
> The one file to be integrated is numpy_swig.txt. How about putting it into
the reference guide as a separate chapter titled "Numpy and SWIG", right
after "Numpy internals"? It's already in reST format so it's not much work.

The swig/testing.txt file should probably not be included. Cython and Pyrex
dirs do not have docs.

- some of them are also reusable as-is (cython/c_numpy.pxd, swig/numpy.i)
>  for users in their own projects
>

> I'm not sure what's the best place to put these in.
>
> How about removing the swig html and pdf docs, and then including the
swig/pyrex/cython dirs as-is? In setup.py:

     config.add_data_files(('numpy','*.txt'),
                           ('numpy','COMPATIBILITY'),
-                          ('numpy','site.cfg.example'))
+                          ('numpy','site.cfg.example'),
+                          ('doc/cython/'),
+                          ('doc/pyrex/'),
+                          ('doc/swig/'))

Cheers,
Ralf