On 09/22/2010 11:16 AM, Wayne Watson wrote:
>    I've considered it, but it's way too time consuming to work out the
> details.  I spent a week some time ago dealing with a simple test
> program, maybe 10 lines of code, trying to get it to work, which I think
> I did.  I just need to work what I've got.
>
> On 9/21/2010 7:49 PM, josef.p...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:32 PM, Wayne Watson
>> <sierra_mtnv...@sbcglobal.net>   wrote:
>>>    I don't see  it in  Add/Remove.  Whoops.  It is on this Win7 machine.
>>> I need to check my XP machine.  I'll be back when I figure out if that's
>>> right. My not always recollection was that it was not on Add/Remove
>>> under XP.
>>>
>>> I'm dealing with people who barely understand software, so keeping this
>>> simple is the best thing to do. This version of the application is the
>>> last, and we might as well treat it as frozen.  I really don't want to
>>> try to correct people's install problems or attempts to move ahead with
>>> the various libraries we use over the internet, so simple is it.
>> If you want to have a frozen application, the best might be to use
>> py2exe, but maybe not worth the effort, if they don't mess with the
>> installed python packages.
>>
>> Josef

>>> --
>>>              Wayne Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA)
>>>
>>>                (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)
>>>                 Obz Site:  39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet
>>>
>>>               Want to lose weight? Move to the equator. You'll weigh
>>>               about 0.1% less than at the poles. Centrifugal force
>>>               is directed opposite gravity there--zero at the poles.
>>>                               -- WTW
>>>

>>>                       Web Page:<www.speckledwithstars.net/>

On my old Windows XP (service pack 2!) running Python 2.5.2, running
'numpy-1.1.0-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe' registers numpy (Python 2.5
numpy-1.1.0).

So you really have to remove numpy from the registry - usually via the
'Add/Remove programs'  and then install the new version. (There is
probably some script that can do that like these that I have zero clue
if these will work that I got from a google search
http://mcpmag.com/articles/2005/05/09/automated-uninstall.aspx,
http://www.ehow.com/how_5185226_uninstall-software-vb-script.html)

Failing that it gets rather dangerous :

Just install 'numpy-1.2.0-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe' without
removing the previous version. But that WILL leave a minefield of
'orphan' files. So if you delete the numpy egg file and directory in
'C:\Python2.5\Lib\site-packages\', numpy entry is still in the registry
(appears in 'Add/Remove programs'). Then you can then install
'numpy-1.2.0-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe' and get a new numpy entry in
the registry.  There may be still traces of numpy in the registry but
probably not sufficient to create major problems.

Bruce