I'm trying to write an implementation of the amoeba function from
numerical recipes and need to be able to pass a function name and
parameter list to be called from within the amoeba function.  Simply
passing the name as a string doesn't work since python doesn't know it
is a function and throws a typeerror.  Is there something similar to
IDL's 'call_function' routine in python/numpy or a pythonic/numpy means
of passing function names?

--
Thomas K. Gamble
Research Technologist, System/Network Administrator

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.
    Henry Kissinger