Mon, 07 Mar 2011 06:39:20 -0500, josef.pktd wrote:
[clip]
> Why does assert_allclose have atol=0, while np.allclose has rtol=1.e-5,
> atol=1.e-8 ?

Probably no reason, it should be fixed.

> What's the status on np.testing.assert_approx_equal, I would have liked
> to use it more often, except it doesn't work on arrays.

It's probably going to stay as well. The test routines have a common
framework for working with arrays, but maybe that routine dates from way
back, and wasn't ported to use it.

Both the assert_approx_equal and assert_almost_equal also have the
built-in ugliness of specifying precision via decimals= which is somewhat
clumsy for numerical work.

--
Pauli Virtanen