On 03/16/2011 10:14 PM, william ratcliff wrote:
> Related to this, what is the status of fwrap?  Can it be used with
> fortran 95/2003 language features?  There is a rather large code
> crystallographic codebase (fullprof) that is written in fortran 77
> that the author has been porting to fortran 95/2003 and actually using
> modules for.  I'd like to write python bindings for it to make it more
> scriptable...

Fwrap 0.1.1 is out; it supports a subset of Fortran 95/2003, biggest
limitation being modules not being present.

Since then there's been quite a few unreleased improvements (like a much
better and more flexible build based on waf instead of distutils).

I'm currently working on module support. Or, was ... I've put in a week
this month, but then some simulation results grabbed my attention and I
got derailed. Finishing up module support and making an Fwrap 0.2
release is #2 on my "stack" of things to work on, and once I get around
to it I expect it to take about a week. So I think it will happen :-)

If you (or anyone else) want to get involved and put in a day or two to
help with polishing (command line interface, writing tests,
documentation...) just email me.

Dag Sverre