> It is possible that we can make an exception for inputs and outputs
> that overlap each other and pick a standard traversal. In those cases,
> the order of traversal can affect the semantics,

Exactly. If there is no overlap then it does not matter and can potentially
be done in parallel. On the other hand if there is some standardized
traversal that might allow one to write nested loops compactly. I dont
really need it, but found the possibility quite intriguing.

It always reads from a[i] before it writes to out[i], so it's always
> consistent.

Ah I see, thanks. Should have seen through it.

--sean