Hi,

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:44 PM, Han Genuit <hangen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, if I may have a say, I think that an open source project is
> especially open when users as developers can contribute to the code
> base and can participate in discussions on how to improve the existing
> designs and ideas. I do not think a project is open when it crumbles
> down into politics.. I have seen a lot of work done by Mark especially
> to ensure that everyone had a say in what he was doing, up to the
> point where this might not be fun anymore. And from what I can see at
> the time, which was back in August, everyone has had plenty of
> opportunity to discuss or contribute to the specific changes that were
> made.
>
> This was an open contribution to the NumPy code, not some cooked up
> shady business by high and mighty developers and I, for one, am happy
> with how it turned out.

I'm afraid I find this whole thread very unpleasant.

I have the odd impression of being back at high school.  Some of the
big kids are pushing me around and then the other kids join in.

It didn't have to be this way.

Someone could have replied like this to Nathaniel:

"Oh - yes - I'm sorry -  we actually had the discussion on the pull
request.  Looking back, I see that we didn't flag this up on the
mailing list and maybe we should have.  Thanks for pointing that out.
 Maybe we could start another discussion of the API in view of the
changes that have gone in".

But that didn't happen.

Best,

Matthew