Hi Hans-Martin!

You could try my instructions recently posted to this list
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.scientific.devel/15956/
Basically, using llvm-gcc scipy segfaults when scipy.test() (on my system at
least).

Therefore, I created the homebrew install formula.
They work for whatever "which python" you have. But I have tested this for
2.7.2 on MacOS X 10.7.2.

Samuel

On 11.01.2012, at 16:12, Hans-Martin v. Gaudecker wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Lion and just faced the same problem with both Python
> 2.7.2 and Python 3.2.2 installed via the python.org installers. My hunch is
> that the errors are related to the fact that Apple dropped gcc-4.2 from XCode
> 4.2. I got gcc-4.2 via [1] then, still the same error -- who knows what else
> got lost in that upgrade... Previous successful builds with gcc-4.2 might
> have been with XCode 4.1 (or 4.2 installed on top of it).
>
> In the end I decided to re-install both Python versions via homebrew, nicely
> described here [2] and everything seems to work fine using LLVM. Test outputs
> for NumPy master under 2.7.2 and 3.2.2 are below in case they are of interest.
>
> Best,
> Hans-Martin
>
> [1] https://github.com/kennethreitz/osx-gcc-installer
> [2]
> http://www.thisisthegreenroom.com/2011/installing-python-numpy-scipy-matplotlib-and-ipython-on-lion/#numpy

The instructions at [2] lead to a segfault in scipy.test() for me, because it
used llvm-gcc (which is the default on Lion).