On 07.02.2012 17:15, David Cournapeau wrote:

> I did not know GotoBLAS2 was open source (it wasn't last time I
> checked). That's very useful information, I will look into it.

One potential problem I just discovered is dependency on a DLL called
libpthreadGC2.dll. First, it's a DLL that must be put somewhere. And
second it is LGPL, but mingw uses it for any OpenMP by default. Well it
is compiled independently so it should not taint the rest of NumPy, but
it would be there. It would be better to have a different BSD pthreads
library to link with instead, but I don't know of any that could be used.

http://sourceware.org/pthreads-win32/

Sturla