On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Alan G Isaac <alan.is...@gmail.com> wrote:

> for the core developers.  The right way to produce a
> governance structure is to make concrete proposals and
> show how these proposals are in the interest of the
> *developers* (as well as of the users).

At this point, it seems to me that Matthew is simply trying to make the
case that ==some== governance structure should be (or should be more
clearly) set up.  Even this fairly modest goal seems to be receiving
blowback from some.

Perhaps a specific proposal would be more convincing to those in
opposition, but I'd like to think that the merits for
a governance structure could be appreciated without having specific the
details of what such a structure would look like.  Matthew's links
certainly make a good case, IMO.  He has also described a number of
scenarios where a governance structure would be helpful (even if we think
the likelihood of such scenarios is small).