Hi, again (sorry),

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 10:18 PM, Christopher Jordan-Squire
<cjord...@uw.edu> wrote:
> On the broader topic of recruitment...sure, cython has a lower barrier
> to entry than C++. But there are many, many more C++ developers and
> resources out there than cython resources. And it likely will stay
> that way for quite some time.

On the other hand, in the current development community around numpy,
and among the subscribers to this mailing list, I suspect there is
more Cython experience than C++ experience.

Of course it might be that so-far undiscovered C++ developers are
drawn to a C++ rewrite of Numpy.  But it that really likely?  I can
see a C++ developer being drawn to C++ performance library they would
use in their C++ applications, but it's harder for me to imagine a C++
programmer being drawn to a Python library because the internals are
C++.

Best,

Matthew