On Feb 19, 2012 12:09 AM, "Mark Wiebe" <mwwi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> These standard library issues were definitely valid 10 years ago, but all
the major C++ compilers have great C++98 support now. Is there a specific
target platform/compiler combination you're thinking of where we can do
tests on this? I don't believe the compile times are as bad as many people
suspect, can you give some simple examples of things we might do in NumPy
you expect to compile slower in C++ vs C?

The concern may be more that this will be an issue once we start templating
(scipy.sparse as an example). Compiling templates requires a lot of memory
(more than with the current Heath Robbinson solution).

Stéfan